UCC POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATES AND DIPLOMAS
(PGCERT & PGDIP)
The Postgraduate Certificate (12 credits) and Postgraduate Diploma (18 credits) programmes are short, but integrative and dynamic, management development programmes, offered through UCC’s College of Graduate Studies and Research, in which participants take core courses in critical business functional areas as well as specialist courses enabling more in-depth exploration of leadership and management subjects.
Each PGCert and PGDip student is able to pursue a specialisation of his/her choice enabling more in-depth exploration of leadership and management subjects in one or more of the following disciplines*:
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The classes ensure critical support and attention from faculty, while the UCC tradition of linking the academic and the practitioner, based in close ties to the business community, adds important dimensions of learning to each of the programmes.
Students complete 12 credit hours of courses for the Postgraduate Certificate, and complete 18 credit hours of courses for the Postgraduate Diploma programme.
In general, admission to the Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma programmes requires the following:
- An earned baccalaureate degree or higher from a recognised or/and accredited institution, in any discipline.
- Equivalent prior learning, including at least three (3) years relevant professional experience.
- Other entry pathways, such as relevant work experience of at least three (3) years and/or a combination of qualifications may also be considered.
- A working knowledge of the English Language at the post-graduate studies level.
The Admission Process is as follows:
- An Applicant submits an Application Form and other required documents to the UCC Recruitment Department, the College of Graduate Studies and Research, or the Registry by the application deadline (or as allowed under special circumstances).
- An applicant is required to submit the following documents in order to be accepted as a student:
- Completed Application Form with attached passport size photograph
- Proof of academic qualification(s)
- Evidence of professional programmes/study (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (signed and dated)
- Current resumé
- Two recommendations
- International documentation (if applicable)
- If deemed necessary, an interview may be scheduled with applicants after the above documents are in hand.
UCC is nationally and internationally accredited. The UCC was awarded international institutional accreditation status in 2017 by the UK-based accreditation body, the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC UK). UCC received institutional accreditation from the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) effective November 2019. The PGCert and PGDip programmes therefore have international transferability.
- Delivery mode: 100% Online
- Class Times: Sunday afternoons & a day in the week Tuesday or Thursday evenings.
- Costs: PGCert US$3,290; PGDip US$4,950
- Duration: PGCert 5 months minimum; PGDip 9 months minimum