The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of CASHIER.
This is a very responsible administrative position directed at coordinating and assisting in the supportive functions of the operations of the Cafeteria of the University College of the Caribbean.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited or confined to) the following:
- Sale of lunch tickets.
- Collecting cash and lunch vouchers from staff and students.
- Assisting with the purchasing of goods and items for the cafeteria.
- Monitoring of stock/ items purchased for the cafeteria.
- Carry out weekly/ monthly inventory on all items in the cafeteria or as required.
- Liaise with the UCC Accountant on all issues relating to cash, purchases, etc.
- Coordinate the cleaning of the cafeteria and the surrounding areas ensuring that it is kept clean and attractive.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty and integrity, refraining from theft-related, dishonest or unethical behaviour.
- Works and communicates with internal and external customers and to meet their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Displays high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiency. Demonstrates responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
- Responds appropriately to supervision. Makes an effort to follow policy and cooperate with supervisors.
- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- At least one (1) year working experience in a similar or related capacity.
- Be knowledgeable in food preparation and waiting on customers.
- Should possess a Food Handlers’ Permit.
To apply, email email@example.com