The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Cafeteria Supervisor.
To ensure the profitability, food quality and safety standards are met in accordance with UCC standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices. This is to be achieved by managing the lead supervisory team, through the setting and execution of their KPI’s. It is expected that well maintained and accurate records kept by updating validating, filing physically and electronically and coordinate all accounting functions including but not limited to inventory management accounts receivables and payables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee kitchen operation in absence team lead.
- Maintains high standards of customer service and assist in training employees in UCC.
- Perform administrative duties including ordering, interviews, production worksheets and sales and cost analysis. Generate end of day reports which include financial reports for cashiers, service logs for maintenance, purchases, pest control food handlers.
- Responsible for all opening and closing duties related to cash handling. Duties include counting/recounting of all cash at end of day, ensuring all drawers are within over/short parameters and submitting a completed report on all cash handling using cafeteria restaurant lunch software.
- Responsible to balance cash sales to cash in drawer for cashier stations.
- Responsible for communication with all stakeholders regarding account balances follow up with salary deductions.
- Responsible for the overseeing of food preparation for all stakeholders
- Follows standards of safety in preparing, storing, and serving food. Apply Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles.
- Maintains required forms and records
- Attends job-related training classes and workshops.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Auxiliary Services Manager.
- Provides substitute coverage as assigned by the Auxiliary Services Manager on an as needed basis.
- Manage online accounts and their content
- Assists Manager and supervisor in the supervision of site employees.
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate school restaurant software for meal tracking.
- Demonstrates the ability to use kitchen equipment, kitchen utensils, including knives to complete food prep.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Demonstrate the ability to be punctual and capable of good time management
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be a team player and get along well with others.
- Must be organized with the ability to multitask.
- Must be detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
- Handwriting must be legible.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent memory and ability to function well under stress.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and/or assistance.
- Must demonstrate an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, common sense, and good judgment.
- Must have ability to keep abreast of information pertinent to the job.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve practical problems cost meals based on inputs and required margins
- Must have marketing experience and be able to maintain online content such as twitter, Instagram and other social media pages
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a valid food handlers permit issued from the Ministry of Health
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Business Management hospitality or food services management.
- Previous cash handling experience recommended.
- Experience in mass production food services and use of meal tracking software, extensive customer service skills.
- Regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell to determine quality of edible materials.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; steep, kneel, crouch
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Kitchen/storeroom areas may become hot
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
This job description is intended to be representative of the expectations in the capacity and is not the complete list of all the attributes of the post. Subject matter or responsibilities not specifically mentioned will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position and responsibilities as defined by management.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org