President for a Day Initiative
The President for a Day initiative is an activity that involves the President and a student switching roles for a day.
This initiative is aimed at providing a student with professional experience, giving him/her insights on the role of the President while allowing the President an opportunity to gain a better understanding of students' experiences at UCC On a date to be announced, the President will attend all scheduled classes for the selected student and participate fully in all student related activities.
- The applicant should be a full-time third or final year undergraduate student with a GPA of 3.01 or above and can be enrolled in any of the campuses.
- The student should write a two-page essay indicating why they should be chosen for the role of President for a day and outlining their project proposal for the institution to move it forward.
- Application deadline has passed.
- The student will attend meetings in the President’s calendar including holding a President’s cabinet meeting and having one-on-one meetings with VPs and departments as required.
- The students will also present to the President’s Cabinet an idea of their choice that they think can move the institution forward.
- The President will attend all scheduled classes for the student and participate fully in all student related activities.
- Both President Davies and the student will share their experience to the UCC staff, faculty and students at a general staff meeting.