The UNIVERSITY OF THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
This is a very responsible administrative position directed at coordinating the administrative support functions of the Academic Affairs Division of the University Commonwealth of the Caribbean.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited to) the following:
- Procure, compile and summarize monthly reports for review by the HOD and Academic and Student Affairs.
- Maintain HOD’s calendar, make appointments, schedule meetings, and make travel arrangements.
2.1) Provide files of each meeting.
2.2) Provide meeting agendas
2.3) Prepare minutes, notices, manuals with supporting correspondence and documentation.
- Provide administrative support for functions such as curriculum and instruction planning.
- Coordinate communication between the HOD and staff, the public or other officials such as other public agencies.
- Research, summarize and analyze basic information for the HOD use.
- Prepare special reports containing specialized or sensitive information.
6.1) Assist with special projects from time to time.
- Plan and coordinate Student Satisfaction Survey before the Easter term and end of July term.
- Establish and track deadlines; establish, maintain and organize simple and highly complex filing systems.
- Perform receptionist duties by greeting and screening office visitors and phone calls.
- Receive, open and route mails to various departments.
- Order, issue and maintain department supplies.
- Monitor and coordinate communication and activities with other educational institutions, outside organizations and the public.
- Responds to public requests, questions and disseminate information to members of the public and public agencies.
- Ensure payments of Lecturers, non-executive member of Academic Council and all professional bodies.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels across the institution both orally and in writing.
- Be able to communicate with internal and external customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must have an appreciation of the UCC philosophy and mission
- Have a high level of initiative, accountability and integrity
- The ability to work well within a team
- At least two (2) years working experience in a similar or related capacity.
- Should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org